The Aims of the Foundation Stage
The Northern Ireland curriculum aims to empower young people to develop their potential and make informed and responsible choices and decisions throughout their lives.
The Foundation Stage aims to provide a learning programme which will:
- promote children’s personal development;
- promote positive attitudes and dispositions to learning;
- promote children’s Thinking Skills & Personal Capabilities;
- encourage creativity and imagination;
- enable children to develop physical confidence and competence;
- develop children’s curiosity and interest in the world around them;
- enable children to communicate in a variety of ways;
- motivate children to develop literacy and numeracy skills in meaningful contexts.
Welcome to Primary 1 and 2 .....